Released as a beta test.
The weigh in feature of HereNow Referee allows you to record the weight of an athlete or boat as well as any deadweight given to a coxswain. Any deadweight information is transmitted to all other referees on the course so that they can make the appropriate checks.
To get set up for conducting weigh-ins:
- Open the Referee application https://referee.herenow.com
- Select the race from the dropdown
- Click the Weigh-Ins tab
After you are in the weigh ins tab, you are ready to go for any athletes who approach the weigh in table.
To conduct a weigh in:
- Find the flight and then the entry that the competitor is in
- For an entry, there will be three types of weigh ins available. Boat, Coxswain, and Crew:
- For a boat, simply click Conduct Weigh In in the Boat section and enter the weight. Optionally add the name of the boat for reference at a later time.
- For a coxswain or athlete, click Conduct Weigh In in the appropriate section. Enter the athlete’s weight in the units provided (lbs, kg) and click return.
- If a coxswain does not make weight, he or she must carry a deadweight on the course. To assign a deadweight to a coxswain, click “Assign deadweight” enter the number of pounds or kilograms, and then give the physical weight to the coxswain.